Personalized Representation For
Solving Your Legal Problem

Trusted Advocacy For Contending With Family Law Matters

Divorces and family issues are sensitive and can be emotionally difficult to resolve on your own. Well-meaning friends or family may give you advice or steer you toward a do-it-yourself solution from an internet website when what you need is legal counsel from someone who has your best interests in mind.

I am Terri Port Wright, and I founded my law firm to provide personalized legal advocacy for not only divorce, but also the full spectrum of family law matters. At the Port Wright Law Office, I provide premier legal advocacy to help you get through decisions involving:

  • Divorce
  • Equitable division of property
  • Custody and child support
  • Paternity
  • Adoption
  • Parenting time

Please visit my page on frequently asked questions for brief answers to some of the questions I am often asked. For legal advice, please call my office in Cloquet at 218-451-4082 to schedule an appointment.

Not Every Case Ends Up In Trial Court

Even some of the most challenging family law disputes can be resolved outside of the courtroom through negotiation, utilizing the collaborative law approach or through mediation. Because every case is different, I offer my clients a range of services. I have experience and insight in collaborative law services, including supporting the use of financial early neutral evaluation (FENE) for property concerns and social early neutral evaluation (SENE) for custody and parenting time disputes.

I am also a certified mediator. Mediation can help you and the other party reach settlement agreements outside of the courtroom that a judge will incorporate into a court order. There are risks to mediation, and I can help you recognize and effectively address those risks.

Questions? Contact Me To Make An Appointment.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions, you should consult with an attorney. Call my firm, Port Wright Law Office, at 218-451-4082 or email me.